There is nothing nicer on a cold day than a tasty casserole and there is nothing taster than Turkish Guvec. This recipe is for Chicken Guvec which is popular in most local restaurants.
Ingredients for Turkish Chicken Casserole.
- 1 kg chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 100 grams of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 or 2 peppers, can be green or red or both
- 1 dessert spoon of tomato paste (optional 1/2 spoon tomato paste and 1/2 spoon pepper paste)
- Olive Oil or your preferred cooking oil
- Red Pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 100 grams grated cheddar cheese or Kasar
Recipe for Turkish Chicken Casserole
Add some olive oil into a deep sided pan. Saute your onions until soft, then add in your peppers and cook for a couple more minutes. Now add in your chicken breast which should be chopped into small cubes. Cook your chicken until it shows all white.
Now add in your mushrooms and tomato paste and mix through, add in your salt and pepper to taste and red pepper flakes if you like a little heat.
Place a lid on top of you pan and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
Once ready, spoon into a large or individual casserole dish and cover with cheese.
Place the dish either in the oven or under the grill until cheese is melted.
Serve with Pilav and chunky bread.
© 2014 – 2016, Kerry Arslan. All rights reserved.