This is a translation of recipe for Poppy Seed Revani Desert – Haşhaşlı Revani Tarifi from http://www.yemekye.com/hashasli-revani-tarifi/
- Eggs – 3
- Granulated Sugar – 1 Water Glass (250ml)
- Milk – 1 Water Glass (250ml)
- Vegetable Oil – 1 Water Glass (250ml)
- Poppy Seeds – 1 Water Glass (250ml)
- Semolina – 1 Water Glass (250ml)
- Plain Flour – 1.5 Water Glass (250ml)
- Packet Baking Powder – 1
- Vanilla Extract – 1 Teaspoon
- For Syrup
- Granulated Sugar – 2 Water Glass (250ml)
- Water – 1 Water Glass (250ml)
- Lemon Juice – 1 Teaspoon
- For Topping
- Packet Whipping Cream – 1
- Nuts for topping (optional) –
Heat Oven to 170 Degrees.
Before starting on the dessert prepare your Syrup. Take your sugar and water and heat in a pan until all the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and add in your Lemon Juice. Put aside and allow to cool.
While the syrup is cooling, cream your eggs and sugar together till nice and fluffy. Then begin to add in the other ingredients until you have a smooth mixture. Oil your baking tin or glass baking tray with oil. (tray probably should be at least 2 inches deep) Pour in your mixture once tray is ready. Do not fill to the top the mixture will rise and you do not want the cake to be too thick as you will also be adding your topping.
Put your cake into your preheated oven and cook until it has risen. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once your cake has cooled slowly start to pour the syrup over the cake, do it a little at a time to allow the syrup to be absorb by the cake.
Once you have added the syrup whisk up your cream with the milk to form smooth mixture and spread over your cake. You can then add nuts or orange peel as a decoration.
I always use for a water glass a guide of about a normal cup about 250ml.
© 2012 – 2015, Kerry Arslan. All rights reserved.