You can now buy your Turkish Tourist Visa Online with e-visa Turkey and save time having to stand in hot line after your flight to get your Visa Stamp.
Important: You are now required to purchase your e-visa before travel, as of the start of 2015 most airports have now phased out visa purchase on arrival.
If you are regular visitor to Turkey you most likely have already enjoyed getting off a busy holiday flight and having to stand in line while the inexperienced and unprepared fumble around to get out their passports and find their £10 sterling before they hand them over to an unsmiling attendant to get the visa stamp placed in their passport.
Well wait no more, you can now apply online before you travel saving you having to wait in long queues and jump straight to passport control and onto getting your luggage and your holiday started faster.
Beware however that this time saving option will mean you paying around $20 instead of the normal £10 sterling and works out costly if you are travelling in a group, you may also be charge by foreign currency charge by your bank or credit card.
However if you do value your time and think it is worth the extra charge then this is how you go about getting your online Turkish Tourist Visa.
Some guidelines on the Turkish e-Visa
- Each online visa Costs $20
- You must apply per person and you can’t not apply for a group of people. Which means if you have a group of 4 you must go through the process 4 times.
- Payment is taken in US Dollars and must be paid using either a debit or credit card. Beware of Bank Charges.
- The Visa will be valid for 90 days within a 180 days and for multiple entries within the 180 day period, for more information on 90 days within a 180 days see this article Visitor Visa Turkey | 90 within 180 day Tourist Visa
- Visa can be purchase for any 6 months in the future of the start date.
For more on the e-Visa Turkey, see the FAQ on their website www.evisa.gov.tr/en/info/
Before you start have your travel details, credit/debit card and passport details at hand.
- Visit the application page at www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
- Fill in you details nationality and passport information, complete the security verification field, then click “Save and Continue”
- In the left hand box select the date of your entry into turkey, you will then see in the right hand box when the visa will expire.
- You should now see a preview of your visa:
- The price will be shown in the bottom right box, Click “Save and Continue”.
- You will now need to fill in details of the applicant. Then Submit if you have filled in the form correctly you will see successful application message.
- You will now be sent a confirmation email with a link to purchase your visa. The email should arrive within in minutes, if not please check your spam box.
- Next read through the email and make sure all the details are correct and then click on the Approve link.
- You will now be taken to a secure payment screen where you enter your credit or debit card details, after you have done this select, Make Payment. You will then get a message to say payment is successful.
- You will then be shown a confirmation page with a download link with your PDF e-visa.
- Download and print your e-visa and keep it with all your travel documents. You will need to produce your visa at passport control on arrival.
For more information on the Turkish e-Visa system watch this video
So now all is left to do is count your sleeps till take off and enjoy your holiday.
If you have used the new Turkish e-Visa system please let us now how you found the process.
© 2013 – 2015, Kerry Arslan. All rights reserved.